The Little Burgundy Sports Center features a multitude of activities and spaces to accommodate a large audience. This large facility is very much involved in community life and contributes to the dynamism of Little Burgundy and the Southwest district. Its elegant and contemporary architecture makes it a true landmark in this part of Montreal.
Opened in 1997, this beautiful building was built at a cost of $ 8.6 million by neighborhood residents striving to overcome the lack of activities and sports facilities in the area.
Its funding was arranged by three parties: the federal and provincial governments have contributed $4 million and the City of Montreal invested $4.6 million.
During the opening, the Mayor Pierre Bourque officially transferred the facility and equipment management to the Little Burgundy Sports Center Corporation, chaired at the time by Mrs. Léonie Charles.
Managed independently, the Little Burgundy Sport Center is represented by the board of directors and a management team that works in partnership with the South West district, City of Montreal.
The Little Burgundy Sports Center’s mission is to contribute to the health and well-being of people in the community. To achieve this, the Center offers a wide range of sports and leisure activities in a fun and safe environment. The multi-function rooms with top range fitness equipment and a pool with favorable dimensions, allow to offer a wide variety of recreation programs and fitness and to meet all types of the community members needs. Whether losing weight, getting back in shape, entertaining or relaxing, the Little Burgundy Sports Center offers best conditions to reach these various goals.
514 932-0800 #24
Coordinator, gymnasium and multi-purpose room activities
514 932-0800 #27
Coordinator, Aquatics program
514 932-0800 #25
514 932-0800 #26
New Covid-19 regulations
General instructions for practicing activities
Anyone showing symptoms, having contracted or having been in contact with people infected with the Covid-19 virus, should refrain from coming to the C.S.P.B (Little Burgundy Sports Center) and observe a 14-day lockdown period before using the facility.
- Access to the centre will only be through Des Seigneurs street.
- Everyone must wait in line and respect a two (2)-meter physical distance until authorization to move around is given.
- Hand washing is mandatory for everyone when entering the Sports Centre.
- Wearing a mask is compulsory for any person 12 years of age and over when entering and moving around the centre, as well as in the changing rooms of the CSPB. Removing the mask is only permitted during physical activities or when seated, respecting the physical distance of two (2) meters.
- We ask you to bring a small bag to store your mask during your activity.
- Only those with activities at the C.S.P.B. or who absolutely need information on site will be allowed to enter.
- We ask people wishing information to use the telephone and other technological means of communication.
- Those who absolutely need to go to the reception will have to wait in line where indicated and wear their mask.
- Access to the Sports Centre is only permitted 15 minutes before your activity.
- In order to limit contact between users, access to the changing rooms will be limited. As much as possible, we ask you to arrive in your sports clothes or wear your swimsuit under your clothes.
- Once inside, you have to go directly to your activity.
- No loitering will be tolerated.
- Once your activity is over, you must quickly leave the C.S.P.B. and use the indicated exits.
(We ask you to wait outside for your children and friends)
Indoor and gymnasium activities
- Hand washing is mandatory before you enter the activity room.
- You must wear your mask before you enter the activity room.
- You must bring a small bag to store your mask during your activity.
- Physical distancing must be respected.
- You must have signed a COVID-19 risk recognition form before participating in your activity.
- The equipment used must be disinfected before and after each use.
- Whenever possible, we ask you to bring your own equipment (ex.: yoga mat).
- We ask you to bring your own water bottle. The fountains will be available only to fill the bottles.
- The number of participants per class will be limited to respect physical distancing.
- Showers will be closed to the public for the fall 2020 session.
- Once your activity is over, we ask you to leave the facility as quickly as possible, respecting the use of the exits provided for this purpose.
- Spectators will not be admitted during activities.
- If players or participants in activities have to wait their turn, they must do so while respecting the distance of two (2) meters.
- For badminton, a maximum of four (4) players will be accepted on the field.
- You can only reserve one court per session.
- No member is allowed to enter the equipment room or handle equipment without authorization.
- Refusal to cooperate and comply with the established standards and instructions may result in the member’s expulsion.
- Whenever possible, we ask you to wear your swimsuit under your clothes before you arrive.
- You will have to sign the COVID-19 risk recognition form before participating in your activity.
- You must wear your mask when entering the sports centre. You may only remove it when going into the water and must put it back on as soon as you come out of the pool.
- You must bring a small bag to store your mask during your activity.
Red Cross swimming classes:
- During all Red Cross swimming classes, the instructor will remain outside the water (no contact with any child or parent).
Refusal to cooperate and comply with the established standards and instructions may result in the member’s expulsion.
Rules and Procedures
How it works:
- Pre-registration is a privilege that is available only to members that are in good standing and are already enrolled in activities, and they receive priority in enrollment for the next session.
- It is only available to members already enrolled in activities
- Pre-registration only applies to subsequent sessions. (A member is not allowed to pre-register if he/she was not enrolled in activities during the session preceding this pre-registration)
- During a pre-registration, the member must enroll in the same activities for the subsequent session. (To enroll in new classes, the member must wait for the respective period of registration)
- To enable a certain accessibility, there is no pre-registration during the autumn session.
RULES FOR THE SWIMMING LESSONS (children):
- Pre-registration reserves a spot in a class as scheduled by The Little Burgundy Sports Center. (There is no guarantee about the time or day of the lesson)
- Children must be enrolled in the appropriate level:
- You must make sure to enroll your children in the right level (refer to the child age booklet). Otherwise, your registration will be canceled and we will not reserve any spot.
- We cannot guarantee a spot for the summer session because of the limited schedule.
- There is therefore no pre-registration for the summer
- A fee of $10.00 will be charged for any lost or stolen booklets.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to enquire at the reception.
REIMBURSEMENT OF COURSE FEES
For reimbursement of course fees, please contact: Jean-Baptiste Berthet (514) 932-0800 extension 25 (pool side activities) OR, Jackson Joseph (514) 932-0800 extension 27 (gymnasium and multipurpose room activities).
Clients are entitled to reimbursement after the first week of session, however, subject to charge for courses actually attended, as well as a service fee of $10.00. No reimbursement will be issued at the third week of session, EXCEPTfor course cancellation.
Clients are entitled to course transfer. Please be advised, however, of a $10.00 charge, EXCEPT if requested by an instructor (e.g. the transfer of a student to a different swim level).
Note: For further information please inquire at reception.
DID YOU KNOW THAT…?
- The Little Burgundy Sports Center Corporation reserves the right to close in the event of major repairs or renovations, without obligation to compensate.
- The Little Burgundy Sports Center Corporation reserves the right to modify its program schedule without prior notice.
- Users are not entitled to “personal” lockers at the sports centre. Locks and all contents are subject to removal.
- The Little Burgundy Sports Center Corporation is not liable for lost or stolen articles.
- It is advised not to leave money or other valuables in the vestibule. Locks are available at reception.
- It is strictly forbidden to bring personal items or food into any of the activity rooms or at poolside – lockers are available for this purpose.
- Sports attire is compulsory for all activities. White-soled running shoes are mandatory in activity rooms.
- All activities are subject to cancellation due to insufficient registration.
|Badminton Racket||$ 20.00||$ 5. 00|
|Ping-Pong Racket||$ 5.00||$ 2.00|
|Lock||$ 5.00||$ 2.00|
|Large Mat (per day)||$100.00|
|Mat (per day)||$10.00|
Please note an additional charge of $5.00 is levied on all adult activities for fixed transfer payments made to the City of Montreal.